So, I moved in with my boyfriend around a year and a half ago. Before me, it was him and a few guys. We're down to the two of us, and I thought it would be nice to make over the bathroom that was inhabited by guys for years. You know what that means...random ex girlfriend debris in the cabinets, gross build-up on everything, and dollar store decorations. He had a simple ocean theme going in the bathroom, and I gave it some spark.
The starfish was actually already there, and that's probably the only original piece remaining. I found the neat shelf rack on the right from goodwill, and have placed some great bath sprays for guests to use in the bottom shelf. I'll eventually find some fun stuff for the other baskets as well.
There are three mirror cabinets which i love, but they were in need of a good scrub and some color. I took some sticky wallpaper and gave them a fun color. You can't see the detail in this picture, but it's a white and blue bubble-like fretwork style traced throughout the pattern. It looks great!
I had to perform some immediate urgent care on a few of the drawers. The whole bathroom sink piece is made out of some cheap plywood material, and it wasn't pretty. It took a while, but I got them all cleaned up, glued together, and added some fun sticky wallpaper with a honeycomb pattern and various cute blue details.
Directly under the sink, there is a huge open space that I love! well, now that I'm not scared of disease living under there! Again, sticky wallpaper used to cover the bottom to hide nasty stains and give it some personality.
They had a maroon curtain, which didn't fit very well, so I brought out my old college dorm bathroom set, perfect for a light beachy bathroom feel. I found the basket and the hanging wicker shelves at goodwill. The wicker was white, but I painted it blue.
It took me the better part of the day, and I even scrubbed down the shower and toilet. No boy germs anywhere!! I can't wait to have a friend come visit so they can experience my fun, comfortable guest treatment! I put some toiletries in the shower and one of the drawers for a home away from home shower. We recently put together a guest bedroom, and thought adding a few new touches to the bathroom would keep them coming back for more, since we love having friends come over and hang out.
It's just that easy! Scan goodwill and yard sales for different decorations based on your theme, grab some sticky wallpaper from a craft store, and get motivated!
No comments:
Post a Comment